Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My last post was a long time ago. I think most of my previous posts deal with work-related things, tattoos and family oddities. Why should this one be any different? Insomnia breeds strange musings.

To continue the tattoo tale that I had begun, my artist and i designed a quite lovely lotus and vine chest piece that goes from collar bone, down to middle chest (above cleavage), to the other collar bone, as you can see if you visit my Twitter page (@ginthetaarakian). It's very prominent on my chest. I am quite happy with it, and there is a lot of humor to be had when people stop to explain that they are not looking at my boobs but rather my tattoo. I also have a new piercing to go along with it. I already had the double-tongue piercing, belly button and Monroe when I last posted. Now, I also have a dermal on my left cheekbone, just below and out from the corner of my left eye. I do quite adore it.

Recently, I have added yet another tattoo, as well. I got the Triple Goddess symbol on my back between my shoulder blades. It was so beautifully done by the same artist who did my chest and arm pieces. Oh, yeah. I got some Irish Gaelic writing on my arms, too. All tattoos are on my Twitter page.

I am quite fortunate to work in a call center that does not give a hoot whether I have visible tattoos and piercings because they are much more interested in the quality of my work. So much so that they have promoted me to a supervisor job. I love the challenge of it, and since I enjoy chaos, I am really in my element there. Plus, there is a huge mix of personality types in this place, so that in itself makes work a lot of fun.

My hubby and kids are all doing incredibly well, which makes me happy, but I feel a huge load of guilt for how much my job is now taking me away from them, of course. Oh, well. Price of success, and all. I stress and guilt myself out more than anyone else ever could.

The sad part of the time that has passed is that my Grandma passed away very recently. I reflect a lot on how lucky I am to have had her. She was the one who taught me how to play poker and Dirty Word Scrabble. She also was the one who never made me feel as if I had to be anyone other than exactly who and what I am. No matter whether or not I'm a twerp, or weird or make bad decisions, this woman's love is assured. If this was the only lesson that I learned from her, then I would consider myself blessed, but there were too many things to name.

Right now, I am searching for the right design with her favorite flowers for a tattoo in her honor. Oh, well. Now, I'll either get back to it or go to bed. We'll see on which route the newest happy makers send me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment