Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Holy funny crap!!!!

I almost forgot the funniest thing that happened the other day! First, there has to be some background.

Back in January, I got myself a mini-Yorkie for my birthday.This puppy's mother is a lovely, full-sized Yorkie, and the father is a tea-cup Yorkie. Please, don't ask me how that worked out. I don't want that image in my head. Whatever caused it, the result was a litter of adorable, yappy, little fuzzballs that are reminiscent of Ewoks. I had to have one. Seriously, I'm a Star Wars geek. Enough said.

I bring home this tiny, little speck of a dog, and I have already decided what to name her, which requires yet another explanation. My mother was driving from my sister's home in a small town in Oklahoma to a town outside Dallas. On the highway, there are a lot of tiny towns that cause a driver to constantly have to slow down and speed back up, which can be quite annoying. In a fit of pique, my mother cursed the "ditzels." That became our family's name for those types of towns from that day forward. We loved it.

Anyway, back to the funny story. As you might suspect, I named my tiny little dog Ditzel. Yep. Ditzel. Ditzi for short. I could go on for days with the funny things that have occurred since she moved in, and I will probably make a point to add posts of her antics, now that I'm trying to write again. However, this story is more than enough for one night.

Every day when I get home from work, the kids want to get Ditzel out of her play pen. Since she is so tiny, and our boys are still learning how to play with her and how to be gentle, they have to have permission and somebody to keep an eye on things while they do. The teenager is not so good at that.

When I got home the other day, I was met at the door with the usual question, and I told the boys that they could let Ditzel out to play. Of course, I'm heading to the bathroom to go potty, so the dog follows, jumping like she has springs on her feet to say hi. She kept jumping, and just as I was about to sit down on the toilet, she jumped and landed in the toilet bowl.

Yes. You read that right. She landed in the toilet bowl. Being a tiny dog, she fit perfectly. Thankfully, I had not sat down to go yet, and nobody had left an unflushed bowl. I still had the teenager wash the dog, but seriously, it was a good thing that I was near the toilet because once she was out of the way, I was laughing so hard that I would have had an accident if I hadn't been near one.

I just had to share something incredibly hilarious. I hope you were able to picture that and get a least a good chuckle from it. It sure makes me laugh every time I think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment